Thursday, July 14, 2022

Transphobic

It seems that there was a hearing on Capitol Hill recently where a young professor accused Senator Josh Hawley (R-Rational World) of being transphobic without a whit of reason.  Sen Hawley was only asking questions, and the accusation rang out.

What is transphobia?  Well, if we go to the dictionary, we learn that a phobia is " an extreme or irrational fear of or aversion to something".  Fair enough.  I am neither averse nor afraid of trans people.  So, obviously I'm not transphobic.  But, I do have questions, just like Senator Hawley does.  Our question are based on biology, logic, and the broader philosophical inquiry.

Yet, if I were  in that hearing asking questions, I would probably be labeled as transphobic, when according to the meaning of the word, I am no such thing.  One would think that a professor from a major university would understand the use of words.  I am neither transphobic, nor arachnophobic, although I do seem to trend toward claustrophobic.  

4 comments:

Glypto Dropem said...

When you can't answer questions with logic or common sense, then you degrade to name calling and usually a steadily increasing volume. I know, it used to happen all the time in my family with my #LIBTURD brother-in-law. Once he had unresolved conflicts in his walnut-sized brain, he would just explode in rage.

Mike-SMO said...

The Woke world only makes sense to a Woke intoxicated individual. If a person so afflicted has to resort to "common sense" or " Standard logic", they are fo forced to resort to the all-inclusive and meaningless term, "-phobic". None of their world makes sense without voluntary intoxication.

Jonathan H said...

I don't hear trans people, so I'm not phobic about them.
I pity them and how they are destroying themselves in the service of people who don't care about them.

Jonathan H said...

*Fear, not hear