Saturday, July 16, 2022

Boiled Steak

You ever eat a boiled steak?  Well, it's not really boiled, it's sous vide, which is a French cooking method. Lots of culinary foodies spend a lot of money on fancy sous vide equipment.  

This is Burce MItchell, a fellow who first came to my attention on the show Swamp People.  Bruce hunts wild gators, and his family raises alligator, and Burce has managed to make a living at it. Belle's niece, Angelle, claims that Burce is a "snappy dresser", and I guess there is some truth to that.

The steak looks good, but I really like his potatoes recipe, and I'll have to try that.  Bruce is hawking for Blackstone griddles these days, and that's okay too.  I love my Blackstone.


3 comments:

TechieDude said...

Someone told me that this is how the high end steak houses do their steaks.
Keep it at rare, then sear/broil it to what the customer ordered.


A better way is a 'reverse sear'. You can do this in the oven or I have a friend that does it in the smoker. Get the meat to just under rare, under low heat/smoke - then throw it on the grill.

If you do it in the smoker, what comes out is magic.

Old NFO said...

Nothing wrong with either of those cooking tips! :-)

BobF said...

Never mind some of the cooking (I like some and not others) -- he's worth watching just for the entertainment value.