Saturday, July 02, 2022

Piddling In The Shop

 It's Saturday, July 2nd, and in three weeks, I am hosting the Louisiana State Championship of Cowboy Fast Draw in Pineville, LA.  Shooters from all over the South are going to show up for three days of shooting.  It behooves me to have my act together.  I have to build two ranges, with backstops, side walls, start lights, sensors, all the geedunk that is required to make a range operate.

I have the hard parts done, but now comes the checking and double-checking. Plenty of lists, lots to make sure that it is all in the correct box so that I can find it all when I get to the venue.  This is the 5th major match I've organized, and it get easier, but it also gets hectic in the last weeks.  It is what it is.

I'm always wondering about what I fogot.  I still need to test the PA system.  And see how many yellow bandannas I have in stock.

No comments: