Monday, July 04, 2022

Happy Fourth!

 Happy Fourth of July.  The day that we celebrate our experiment in American exceptionalism.  The day we declared our independence from England.  It started much earlier than that, in April of 1775, but the holiday is based on the date of the declaration.

Friends, family, fish-fries and barbeque.  We all celebrate it in our own way.  Beer and fireworks.  Hot dogs and parades.  It's a day to fly the flag and give thanks to God.  It's the Fourth, a uniquely American holiday.

I'm not sure what Belle and I are doing today, but I'm sure that we are doing it close to the house. We had a big celebration yesterday with family and friends, and today will be a day of relaxation.

Happy Fourth, and we'll see you on the other side.

2 comments:

Robert Orians said...

I'll be taking a long , later than usual nap . Have to go up to the barn and comfort the critters when all the fireworks start . Keeping a water hose handy too . Those big bangers have a lot of burning embers that come down and I have four buildings with hay and straw scattered throughout . Two of my neighbors must spend at least a grand on fireworks . Professional grade stuff . I buy one pack of sparklers for the babies and the rest goes for beer , heh .

Old NFO said...

Happy Independence Day!!!