Saturday, July 09, 2022

Pure Ignorance

 This photo is making the rounds, and there is so much ignorance here, I'm not sure if this is real, or trolling.  This is just double ignorant. In the first place, I've never heard of anything called "armored infantry".  There is mechanized infantry, and there is light infantry, and there is armor.  But, then the photo sends everything sideways.


Uh, no.  Just no. There is actually some debate on whether that button is even a good idea on an AR, and mine doesn't have one.  All of the rifles I carried in the military had one, but I refused to use it.

7 comments:

les said...

Armored infantry- for the COAST GUARD???? Fist he demonstrates that he knows nothing about the military, then goes on to show how little he knows about AR type rifles.

Robert Orians said...

I can burn half my ssi check firing with a bolt taking my time in a half hour . Last thing I want is full auto . I much rather concentrate and shoot slowly with precision and accuracy . Much more satisfying for me .

Jonathan H said...

Did you notice he said armored infantry in the Coast Guard?

I suspect someone is playing him...

Termite said...

I've never heard of "overlapping auto".

Plus, if your AR-15 or M-16's chamber is so dirty that you have to use the forward assist to seat the cartridge and bolt, MAYBE YOU SHOULD CLEAN YOUR RIFLE!!

Bob said...

I wonder if that is a sarcastic joke or if that person is that ignorant and arrogant.

Anonymous said...

This is satire, making fun of the antis' technical ignorance about firearms. Full thread here:
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/07/09/veteran-shows-the-button-that-turns-your-ar-15-from-regular-semi-automatic-to-overlapping-auto/

Anonymous said...

The selector switch appears to have a full auto setting as pictographed on the receiver. The circle encompasses the forward assist and the selector (no ambi lever).