Saturday, April 02, 2022

That Disney Kerfuffle

 I've been seeing hits and pieces of that Disney kerfuffle, but haven't paid attention to it because I don't have a dog in he hunt.  I don't do Disney, and I feel like that they can do what they want to do on their own property.  But, it seems like they are going straight woke.

...executive producer Latoya Raveneau laid out Disney’s ideology in blunt terms. She said her team was implementing a ‘not-at-all-secret gay agenda’ and regularly  ‘adding queerness’ to children’s programming. Another speaker, production coordinator Allen Martsch, said his team has created a ‘tracker’ to ensure that they are creating enough “canonical trans characters, canonical asexual characters, [and] canonical bisexual characters.’ 

Well, okay then.  If Disney wants to go full-on gay and trans, that's their choice.  I don't necessarily agree that it's a good idea, but again, I don't have a dog in the hunt.  I don't have to give Disney my money, and I'm sure that a lot of people feel the same way. 

Disney's problem is that they have been operating under a special agreement with the state of Florida sine way-back-when.  And, when they came out against the Parental Rights act,  Florida noticed and is considering repealing the act that lets Disney act as it's own governing agency.

Again, I don't have a dog n that hunt, but Disney should pay attention to what is going on around them.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Get woke, go broke DOES apply...