Friday, April 29, 2022

Friday Errands

 My old truck is inspected.  I was going to get lawnmower fuel today and noticed that the inspection sticker was out of date, but on reflection, it hadn't left my acre since it expired.  So, on the way to get fuel, I had it inspected. It's a 2001 F150 with nearly a quarter-million miles on it.  I need a truck, but I don't need a truck every day.  I normally drive a Honda Odyssey as my daily driver, but I don't like putting fuel cans or butane bottles in the passenger compartment of the van, so there is the truck.

After filling the gas can with non-ethanol fuel, I put the nozzle into the truck and ran it until it hit $50.  That put about half a tank of gas in the truck. Because I don't use the truck every day, I run non-ethanol in it so that I don't have to worry about the problems with corn-based fuel.

I'll wait another hour until the sun moderates, then crank the lawnmower.  Or, I may wait until morning.

No comments: