Wednesday, April 01, 2020

Louisiana Covid Updte

The Louisiana Dept of Health is reporting 6424 cases of Covid-19,  an increase of 1187 since yesterday.  The Governor, in his daily briefing, ascribes this to increased testing.  So ar, Louisiana has lost 273 souls to this virus.

PawPaw spent the morning hauling used railroad cross ties across the yard.  Belle wants a raised bed garden and I intend to provide it.   I have noticed that a cross tie has gotten a lot heavier in the last 40 years.  When I was in my 20s I could move them fairly easily.  Nowadays they are much heavier.  I feel it in my legs and my back right now, and I might be "stove up" by morning.

Oh, and I hung a new hummingbird feeder.  The quarantine continues.

1 comment:

DaveS said...

Hope you're still mobile today! I remember one job where I had to carry somewhere around 70 or 80 ties about 50 yards up a hill to build a retaining wall. Put one on my shoulder and up the hill I'd go. Hard work, but doable. 30 years later, I'm sure that hill would be a LOT steeper and my legs much more sore. Stay safe and healthy!