Saturday, April 11, 2020

Louisiana Covid Count

The Louisiana Dept of Health is reporting 20,014 confirmed cases of Covid-19 today, an increase of 761 cases since yesterday.  Our hospitalized count today is 2067, up only 13 cases since yesterday.

My home parish of Rapides is reporting 159 cases.

Belle and I ate crawfish today.  She had to get out to get stuff for Easter tomorrow, and she stopped by a boiler on the way home.

We heard from grandson, Quinton.  He is currently at Fort Lee, VA.  On Monday he begins training for MOS 91F (Small Arms Repairer).  He reports that he is a two-man room and likes his roommate.  A two-man room is a little bit different than what I used in AIT.  I was billeted with 40 of my best friends.  He also reports that when he has completed servicing or repairing a firearm, he will have to perform a function-check, but this will be with blank ammo in an indoor range.  No live fire during AIT.

Tomorrow is Easter, ad I wish you all the peace and joy that comes from the risen Christ.  It's a holy day, and while the churches may be empty, the tomb was empty on that morning, too.

No comments: