Monday, April 27, 2020

Five Million Per Week?

As I'm sitting here waiting for my doc to call on a tele-med appointment (nothing serious folks), I'm looking t the intertubes regarding the next steps in the covid lockdown.

It seems that our medical experts wan to test 5 million people per week, to try to get ahead of this thing.  A little math tells me that they want to test about 7% of the entire US population in a single week.  (5 million divided by 328 million times 5 working days).  That ain't going to happen.

It's simply unreasonable.  That same article, linked above, says that we have approximately 3.8 million primary care visits per week, on average.  If everyone that walked into a doctors office or urgent care facility got tested, they probably would ot get to 5 million per week.  And, at what cost?  It's preposterous.

They say that they want to do contact-tracing.  Good luck with that. 

I carried a Miranda Warning card for 27 years.  If PawPaw goes to the sawbones, and they tell me I have the Covid, that still does not compel me to tell then who I have been in contact with.  It ain't none of the gummint's business.  I will do the responsible thing and tell my loved ones that I have the Covid, but whether they go get tested is on them.  Not me.  I will not reveal my contacts.  Period.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm no expert but.My wife thinks that they will be able to track your contacts with the GPS on your smart phone! At east in small town and rural venues. She thinks when 5G is up world wide it would be anywhere. Since she is very limited in movement she spends a lot of time on line. I don't know.