Thursday, October 20, 2011

Qaddifi Captured

The big story today is that Libyan strongman Moammar Qaddifi was captured today outside his birthplace. He soon succumbed to his wounds, the most notable one being a shot to the temple.

The rebel forces say that he was killed in a crossfire between loyalists and rebels. Footage from the scene shows him in the back of a pickup truck then being pulled out to take a rebel ass-whipping. According to reports,
Moammar Gadhafi was killed in the crossfire of a battle between his supporters and fighters loyal to the opposition that topped the dictator’s regime, Libya’s interim prime minister told NPR this afternoon.

“Nobody can tell if the [fatal] shot was from the rebel fighters or from his own security guard,” Interim Prime Minister Mahmoud Jibril told All Things Considered host Robert Siegel…
Really, guys? You had him in custody and his own people offed him? That's their story and they're sticking to it.

Qaddafi suffered the fate every tyrant has suffered, from Caesar to Mussolini. There is a lesson there, but Moammar Qaddifi goes into the lists of tyrants executed at the end of the reign. I understand that his last words were "What did I ever do to you?"

Heh!

3 comments:

Rivrdog said...

You were my first read this ayem, PawPaw, and I award you the Droll Blog of the Day, without even reading any more of the luminaries I normally start my day with.

Congratulations!

Now, you may congratulate ME! Somehow, I knew you would be the one to make me chuckle about Qaddaffi.

Pawpaw said...

I understand that his death has been doubly confirmed. It seems that he's registered to vote in Chicago.

Gerry N. said...

I'd be willing to bet a day's wages against a soda cracker that Quackdaffy, deep in his heart, was sure he was the best thing that had ever happened to the planet Earth. Psychopaths can be funny that way.