Saturday, October 15, 2011

Heading to the Lease

Grandson Zachary are heading to the lease for a last-minute tune-up before the hunting season. My brother-in-law wants a tree cut, so we've loaded the chainsaw. I want to put some eyehooks in my deer blind with a rope system to raise the windows. That's been loaded too. Zachary wants to check the game cameras and see if there are any tracks in the creek bed. We'll do that too.

This afternoon we have a family gathering in Jena, LA with some of Milady's kinfolks. In honor of that, I've got two boston butt roasts in the oven, they should be ready to transform into pulled pork by the time I get in from the woods.

The outside temperature is 50F under clear skies. It's going to be a great Saturday. You guys get away from the computer and get out to enjoy it.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Enjoy the trip to Jena!

Anonymous said...

Watch for snakes. Co-worker of mine just killed a timber rattler that went 65". Nine rattles plus a button.