Friday, February 16, 2024

New Player

 I see that Taurus has come out with a new single action revolver, suitable for the cowboy games. In .45 Colt with a 4.75" barrel, it might be suitable for fast draw competitions like Belle and I participate in.

It's a small market, it really is.  Most shooters in the wider handgun market prefer a semi-auto, or at least a double action revolver. As much as I like my cowboy guns, the every day carry piece is a compact 9mm.

Currently, the cowboy gun market is dominated by Ruger, Uberti, or Pietta. It's nice to see another player get in the market, and this one has a very attractive MSRP. Taurus calls its gun the Deputy, and it looks like a nice revolver. I'm not going to run out and buy one, but it will be interesting to see if it will stand up to the rigors of fast draw, and it will be interesting to see if standard Colt clone parts fit in it when it invariably breaks.

2 comments:

Termite said...

It's available in .357 Magnum, my go-to caliber.....

Be still my heart...

Drew458 said...

I have 2 .357s i like. One is a GP100 long barrel with full underlug. The other is a Model 94 Winchester. Both weigh enough to make the.357 a pleasant experience. I also have a Ruger SP101 stubby in stainless steel.it’s quite hefty for a pocket revolver but full zoot .357 will bite you.
So if you want this cowboy pistol get it in .45 and run low pressure ammo in it. It’s all you need anyway.