Sunday, April 09, 2023

Pop Culture

 Surfing around this morning, I clicked on a video that I mis-interpreted and found myself watching some Gen X tutorial on something called ASMR.  It is supposedly a relaxation technique triggered by whispering voices and gentle stimulation that is characterized by a tingling in the scalp and down the back.  Very strange.

I recall a relaxation technique from my early years, triggered by gentle touches and whispered voice of the female gender. The resulting activity proved to be very relaxing.  But, I don't think, from my limited study, that ASMR is set on a similar goal.

Pop culture is very confusing, and I have to be much more careful what I click on.

Be forewarned.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

THey're confused, no wonder the 'culture' is confused... sigh

Matthew W said...

I quit "Pop culture" 30 years ago........