Monday, April 10, 2023

NPR is State Media

 Listening to Tucker Carlson, I learned that Twitter has officially labeled NPR (National Public Radio) as state media.  King of like how Pravda is Russian state media.

My grandmother used to listen to NPR, back in the 60s.  She liked the music they broadcast.

I honestly didn't know that NPR was still a thing, but I knew that they were federally funded. And linked with state affiliated radio like Louisiana Public Broadcasting

So, I clicked over to the NPR website, and they are not happy about it.

Twitter added a "state-affiliated media" tag to NPR's main account on Tuesday, applying the same label to the nonprofit media company that Twitter uses to designate official state mouthpieces and propaganda outlets in countries such as Russia and China.

I haven't listened to NPR for years.  Not since I was at my grandmother's house.   But, this is funny, right here.  If Elon Musk says NPR is a propaganda arm of Democrats, I have no reason to disagree with that opinion.

4 comments:

Termite said...

Elon is at it again, yanking the leftists' "dog chains".

Here is another example: https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1645454606078443523

Jonathan H said...

I've laughed for years when people call NPR "independent" or "unbiased".
I hadn't thought of them as state run until now, but I definitely thought of them as state funded.

Old Grafton said...

I quit listening to NPR about 20 years ago; they were already insinuating that (we)conservatives had something wrong with us.

Jester said...

As a teen growing up in the 90s I had largely stopped listening to NPR as there was already a bias I felt then and the news or "interviews" were always one sided. But rarely I would listen if I was going though a dead zone for FM radio or the talk shows I listened to faded out. Sandy Hook happened and the bubbleheads were ranting and raving about how you can buy machine guns online! No back ground checks! This must be stopped, any child can order a machine gun or assault weapon. Of course the tittery older ladies all called in railing for gun control. So, I harbored calling and did call up the show to just mention 1, you can't buy any weapon online and have it just mailed to you, much less a machine gun. The call screener said well we don't belive you. I said I can name the laws that state it must be transfered though an FFL and that there's some inaccuracies with their reporting. I was flat out told that's not the narraitive they wanted to talk about, children died so they wanted to talk only about that. I asked one more question to just the accuracy of their reporting and I was told it's not about how accurate it is, it's the story they wanted to talk about.