Saturday, April 15, 2023

Georgia State - Day 2

 I went out after seven rounds today.  I shot well, but got outrun by some very good shooters.   There is no shame in that.  Once I was done, I got to leave, so Belle and I came back to the hotel and are lounging around.

Tomorrow I won't have to set an alarm. When we waken and get ready, we'll check out of the hotel and go down the road for a nice breakfast, thence to the range. We have to be there at the bitter end, simply because Belle and I brought all the ammo that is being shot at this mitch.

Cowboy Fast Draw requires a special ammunition.  Basically, it is a wax bullet stuffed into a .45 LC case that has been cut to accept a shotgun primer. According to the rules, all of the ammo must be alike.  Same brand of wax, same brand of primer.  These cases are expensive, retailing at 80 cents apiece, but occasionally, deals can be found.  Belle and I happen to own 5000 of these casings. Our sister club in Silsbee, TX, owns 5000 of these cases.  So, when Georgia club said that they wanted to hold the first championship in the state, we asked if they had enough brass casings to supply the match.  They did not.

So, Belle and I volunteered to supply 5000 rounds, and the Silsbee club volunteered to provide 5000 cases.  The Silsbee club coordinated with me, and Belle and I brought all 0,000, loaded and ready to go. The Georgia club has purchased enough wax and primers resupply us, and I'm going to haul them all home, clean them, and load them for Louisiana State in  three months.

That is how Cowboy Fast Draw works.  We help each other. We are a family and we help each other out.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Well done to y'all for stepping up and helping out!