Tuesday, April 04, 2023

Garbage Disposal

 This weekend, our garbage disposal in the kitchen crapped the bed.  It was installed when the house was built, so it's over 20 years old.  Not bad for a grinder pump that is used almost every day.

This morning after coffee, I went to Lowe's and got another one.  Same brand as the old one.  The installation was not particularly easy, but it was straight-forward.  Very little cussing involved.  It's hanging under the sink now, and appears to be leak-free.  We'll see.

In installations like this, YouTube is your friend.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

I replaced (well, I paid a guy) the garbage disposal here when I bought in 2016. I hope it last 20 years!!!

Termite said...

My wife killed our original garbage disposal with a cabbage. I removed it and never replaced it, and told her that's what a compost pile was made for.