Friday, April 28, 2023

Mowing

The rodeo crew at the church wants to rodeo tonight.  Whether it actually happens in a matter of claim and the arena crew will inspect the arena later today and see if the arena floor is dry enough to run horses.

Regardless, the grass grows whether it is raining or not.  So, we needed to mow.  I loaded the Skag on a trailer this morning and went to the church to knock the grass back.  I got in the spectator are and most of the outer arena .  When the front of my mower started pushing water, I backed off.  As good as a zero-turn mower is at cutting grass, those heavy beasts dearly love to get stuck.  This morning I did not want to deal with a mired mower.

If anyone complains, I'll tell them that it is hard to get good help at the rates they pay,  I'm easy to fire, so if they don't want me mowing grass, all they have to do is say so.

I got home as Belle was leaving the house.  I asked her if she wanted me to ride with her and she said that she was hitting a few stores, looking for crochet materials. I told her to have fun.  SHe needs time away from me, just like I need time away from her.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

LOL, stuck is one word for it... BURIED is usually the term we apply...When you have to borrow a 4WD to drag one out...sigh

BobF said...

I know physics folks will say it is impossible, but I thing those things gain three times their weight when attempting to run over water. Been there, done that. Not again.