Monday, August 08, 2016

What The Hell?

I was following links, and went over to Tam's place.  Tam is a great resource, by the way.  If you don't read her regularly, you're missing a treat.  But I digress.

Following a link, I went to Gun Nuts Media, where I find this little article: Concealed Carry advice: When to press-check your gun.

Short answer: Never.  Seriously.  I thought we'd been over this.  If you're a concealed carrier, you should know, to a certainty, if your weapon is loaded or not.  If it is loaded, leave it alone.  If it's not loaded, then you should have loaded it before you holstered it.  An unloaded gun is a prescription to disaster.

Doing a press check is a neophyte drill.  If you have to check your weapon's status, do it in private, safely, then put it in the holster and leave it alone.

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

Gah... Yep, NOT a good thing to do...

David aka True Blue Sam said...

One of Tam's tailings is "Just stop touching it." We follow that.

David aka True Blue Sam said...

That should read "Tagline,"; the phone's autocorrect got me, and I already had the computer shut down for the night. You are right. We have our guns prepped, bagged, and secured all the time. We care for Susan's mother, and we treat that responsibility the same you as would for a child. The guns are ready, but inaccessible except for Susan and me. We don't need to check them because they are always ready.