Sunday, August 28, 2016

Body Work Complete

Over the past couple of days, my auto body project came together between rain showers and today, the boys and I put it back together.

YouTube is a magnificent asset to projects such as this, and we figured out how to stab that front header panel back in with the least heartburn and anguish.


I think that it looks pretty good.  The color-match paint is very close to factory, and that's close enough for a 15-year-old car that's used to get to work.  Let's see, since I got it three years ago, I had some engine work done (new timing chain, gears, etc), it's got new rubber all the way around, the front suspension has been rebuilt, and now the crashed headlight header has been replaced.  It's probably good for another 100K miles.  And, it's paid for.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeppers, I done did the same ting to my 2003 chevy truck. New exhaust, throttle body, tires and plugs and wires. Since I had 199,00 miles on it, I figured that route was cheaper then $575 per month for 5 years for a road queen.
Steve

DoninSacto1 said...

Ah yes. The magic words. It's paid for.

jon spencer said...

Did you get a dash-cam?