Monday, August 15, 2016

Proper Attire

One of the things that we do in Cowboy Fast Draw is attire in the period.  Our time period is the time of 1880-1900 in the western US, and as one of our regulators, Texas Rose says, "We're mostly period correct."  Although we allow modern cowboy attire, we like to dress in period outfits, and the ladies take this as a wardrobe opportunity.

Blue Eyed Belle, who you all know as Milady, has completed an outfit to wear to the banquet at Kentucky State next month, and I managed to snap a few photos of it.

Pure 1880s Victorian attire, she'd be well dressed anywhere.  I think it's gorgeous, and as she sewed very stitch,I'm just amazed at the handiwork.  The photos really don't do it justice.


The detail is exquisite, and it is evocative of well-dressed ladies outfits from the period.  I think that it will be a smashing success at the banquet, and I'm very proud of my lady's efforts in this regard.

As much as I love this game, and invite everyone to participate, I have to fairly warn the guys, this is also a wardrobe event.  But, it's a helluva lot of fun.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

That is WELL DONE! Congrats to her! :-)