Monday, July 30, 2012

Monday Weather

We're under a heat advisory today, with the temps climbing into the high two-digits officially.  They're predicting 99F and if you can tell the difference between 99 and 100, you're better calibrated than I am.  I got out early this morning and mowed the lawn, so at 10:00 I'm about done with outside tasks.  With humidity at 63%, it's relatively dry for Louisiana, but the air feels like a warm blanket.  No wind to speak of and I'll probably spend the rest of the day in or near air-conditioning.  It feels like it's going to be a scorcher today and with the chance of a thunderstorm, just another day in a Louisiana summer.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Yep, y'all are getting what was a 'normal' summer when I was growing up there in the 50's... sigh At least you have A/C to 'hide' in! :-)

Gerry N said...

Once again, I sing the praises of the Puget Sound basin. Today was a high overcast, 70F, light breeze.

Very pleasant.

Gerry N.