Monday, September 04, 2023

Labor Day

This is one holiday I really like.  No gifts, no expectations.  I worked many Labor Days, because lots of folks work on Labor Day. 

Belle and I are prepping for a trip to Kentucky.  We're going to the Kentucky State Championship of Cowboy Fast Draw.  This is one of our favorite shoots, and we leave Wednesday morning.  I have spent most of the morning going through the competition guns and gear, making sure screws are tight and the guns are clean and ready for a major match.

The weather-weenies are calling for thunderstorms later today, and I'm good with it.  There is still a huge wildfire risk in Louisiana.  We need rain.  Elder son runs the water production for a middling city and he tells me that he spent last week mitigating the fire risk to his well sites.  Louisiana could use a good drenching and may be those thunderstorms predicted will help with that.

2 comments:

juvat said...

Good luck in all the above. If you’re in control of rain, could we prevail on you to send a bit to that state immediately west of you?

Please???

Old NFO said...

Enjoy the trip and shoot 'em good! :-)