Friday, March 17, 2023

Racoon Dog?

 Listening to Dan Bongino this morning, I hard a story so weird, so unbelievable that I had to go Google it.  Evidently, the New York Times has information that the covid pandemic originated in something called a racoon dog.  Seriously.  Here is the headline.

New Data Links Pandemic’s Origins to Raccoon Dogs at Wuhan Market

I've been a country boy my whole life and I know what a 'coon dog is.  Generally, 'coon dogs are something like a Walker hound.  But, I admit I've never seen a racoon dog. Maybe it's something Chinese.

A quick Google taught me that the Chinese have something called a racoon dog.  It's an ugly little beast. And now my education is more complete.  However, I would question the data, considering that a big lab that studied the corona virus was just around the corner.  What are the odds?  Where did that data come from?  Maybe the CCP?  I'm just asking.

In other news, it's St. Patrick's Day and in honor I'm making a big, hearty Irish stew.  Taters and carrots and beef and gravy.  In another hour, I'll make a pot of rice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have seen a racoon dog (enok). There are some in the woods where I hunt on the Belgian - German border. Weird little secretive beast - looks like a raccoon, but moves like a scurrying fox. Haven't managed to shoot one yet.

Irish stew- should really be with mutton, but yours sounds delicious. Enjoy, and Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

Denis from the GC