Monday, March 06, 2023

Lynch Pins

 Every small tractor I've ever seen uses lynch pins.  My Kubota has four on the 3-pont hitch and needs three more to attach an implement.  They are universal and cheap.


Thirty years ago, every ag supply had a cardboard box of these things near the cash register.  While buying feed or fertilizer, I'd grab a couple to put in the spares box.  If you are running a tractor, you need a couple of spare lynch pins.  When you are out in the middle of a field and realize that your implement has fallen off our tractor, you are happy that you spent that 50 cents at the feed store last week.

I went this morning to two different ag supply stores and could not find one.  I'd rather spend my money at a local business than go to the big chains, but tomorrow morning I'll head across the river to Tractor Supply.  I told both of the counter folk at the feed stores that I'd rather ship wheh them, but if they couldn't stock lynch pins I'd have to go across the river.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I keep an 8D nail somewhere handy, just in case a wheel cotter pin or trailer is some how missing.

Don McCollor said...

Same as with cotter pins - an appropriately sized bent nail.

Old NFO said...

Wow, NO pins??? What the hell?