Thursday, August 16, 2018

Double Oak

At the grocers yesterday, making a wine run for Belle, I saw an interesting bourbon on the liquor aisle.  (Yeah, inn most places in Louisiana, we can buy hooch at the grocery store.)

Jim Beam, Double Oak.


I was intrigued enough to bring a bottle home.  Evidently, it's been matured twice, in two different oak barrels.    I have consumed enough Jim Beam over the years to know that it is a very workman-like bourbon.  I take mine, generally, with cola, but this little bottle might be good with just a splash of branch.

3 comments:

Sdv1949 said...

It's good, but the Jim Beam Black is much better IMO.

OC said...

Being a Yankee I know y'all talk funny, but WTH is a "splash of branch"?

Matt said...

OC, he is referring to water. Or branch water, which is water that is drawn from as close to the source as possible, making it the purest water you can get.