Monday, June 12, 2006

Training week

I went to training this morning and I'm home just long enough to grab my range bag and change clothes. I had understood that today was going to be a classroom day, getting updated on personnel issues, and the law, and report writing. Well, we did the morning and the Captain comes in and tells us to be at the range at 1:00. About half of us had to go home to change clothes.

We're not in uniform this week, so most of us wore Office Casual. Slacks and polo shirts. I'm not going to destroy my slacks on the range, so I'm in jeans and a tee shirt now. And hydrating my ass off. It's gonna be hot on that range. I was hoping for longer than a half-day on the range, because I need to qualify with both pistols, the shotgun and the rifle. I bet this is going to be a "pistol only" day, which means we'll have to figure out other days to shoot the shotgun and rifle. Poor planning on someone's part.

Tomorrow is unarmed self-defense. I hope we get a full day of that, because that is where most of us need the training.

Gotta run.

No comments: