Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Pork Tenderloin

I went to the lumberyard this morning to get dimensions on a door and a window, so that when I get to the framing stage of the bathroom project, I'll know what size holes to frame into the framing. Then I came home because the electrician was going to meet me here to discuss the project, and the plumber is supposed to call me back.

I stopped at the grocer and picked up a small pork tenderloin. I also found some fresh summer squash. Milady has to work tonight, and I like to feed her before I send her off to work. I put the tenderloin on the pit, at 250 degrees for two hours.


That picture is the tenderloin after two hours. Then, I wrapped it in foil to keep it from drying, added a couple of slices of Vidalia onion, then drizzled a little Cajun Power marinade sauce across everything before I sealed the foil.


Here's the tenderloin wrapped with the onion and marinade. It'll stay on the pit until Milady is ready to eat. I cut up those summer squash, added a few slices of onion, a few pats of butter and some salt and pepper, then wrapped that in foil and put it on the grill beside the pork.

The piit is closed now, and will stay closed for the next hour and thirty minutes. The pork is slow basting itself in the foil, the squash is absorbing butter and the onion and is melting slowly. When Milady awakes from her nap, I'll put on some potatoes au gratin and see if I can feed her properly before she goes to work.

I didn't get much done today, but Milady will be fed when she goes to work. I hate waiting on contractors.

No comments: