Sunday, June 25, 2006

Sunday Worship

I just got back from church. I attend the Bethel United Methodist Church, in Deville, LA.

It's a wonderful little church in the woods. I like little churches best, because everyone knows every body. Yeah, I'm the newcomer, and the congregation is predominately older white folks. Yet, I feel at home.

I've been in big churches, where the worship services had production staff, with cameras and mixers and spot lights. I've listened to magnificent choirs that practice multiple hours for a single service.

Bethel ain't like that. We don't have a choir. We butcher the music. We beat it bad, then drag it outside and stomp on it. If you like singing on-key, this probably isn't the place for you, although we'd love to have you drop by for services one morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

PawPaw,
You're welcome at Pineville Presbyterian Church any Sunday you feel like visiting. We're kinda small too......