Friday, June 30, 2006

Daughter in the paper

I was reading the Town Talk this morning and managed to see my daughter's picture in the paper. Page A3.

The article talks about local restaurants in the area and their practice of not providing ketchup with a meal unless the customer asks for it. You can read the whole thing if you want to, but the purpose of this post is a proud dad posting his daughter's picture in the paper.


Michelle is a pre-nursing student at LSUA and works full-time as a carhop at the local Sonic restaurant. I'm proud of her, going to school and working.

Now, if she can just get that RN and start making real bucks. Pawpaw would be extremely proud.

In other news, Pawpaw had a plumber come by this morning to put in a valve and water fitting so he can run water to the bathroom he is building in the back yard. The drain plumbing is almost completely roughed in. I have one more joint to complete and the roughing in will be done for the toilet and the sink, but the sun ran me indoors. I'll hydrate and go outside to finish that joint.

Sometime this weekend, I'll rough-in conduit for the electrical service and the potable water lines. Two holes, it ought to take about ten minutes. It'll probably take me a couple of hours. Then install a ground rod, some rebar and reinforcing wire. Next week, we pour the slab.


**Update** The drainage rough-in is done. It is 97 degrees F in the shade of my back porch. My baseball cap is sweat-soaked all the way out to the end of the bill. I think I am going to drink some iced tea, take a shower, and put my feet up for the rest of the day.

No comments: