Sunday, September 13, 2020

Why Not Just Win Games

 It seems that the New Orleans Saints, a football team with a strong fan base, are doing their dead--level best to alienate a big portion of that fan base.

The New Orleans Saints are looking to set themselves apart from the run-of-the-mill social justice message of Black Lives Matter. The team is launching a #SayHerName campaign that focuses on black women in specific. The idea is that black women who are victims of police violence or injustice, in general, are not given the attention that is given to black males who have run-ins with law enforcement.

I'm mot watching the NFL this year, but I haven't watched it since  whats-his-name began his kneeling.

The NFL should be about football, plain and simple, and all this social justice bullshit just detracts from the game.  I think that it might be a better strategy to just win games.  None o the NFL needs to worry about me watching them until they abandon social justice and simply focus on winning games.

3 comments:

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Had Seahawk season tickets their first ten years until I moved. Haven't watched a NFL game now in three years.

Sabre22 said...

JJ Watt made the comment that he could not understand why people were booing their unity display. So i tweeted that we are there to watch a GAME not be virtue signaled at by players who are making millions of dollars to PLAY a GAME. NO NFL for me either. People need a break from politics and the real world going to or watching games on TV is supposed to do that. Now that it is political theater it is not worth my time.

dogsledder said...

I watched the FIRST super bowl game way back when I was about 14 years old. In fact, I watched the first FIFTY-ONE super bowl games and never missed oted ne. And I watched games all season long too. But the NFL started doing too many things that I did not like so I quit watching the nfl entirely several years ago. The same with major league baseball. I was a fan- a BIG fan until about 2017 when I just had enough of their worshipping of negroes. I am not prejudiced but I can't stand the absolute worship of all things black. When they gave money to bastard lives murder, I cut all ties to negro...er...major league baseball and sent them nastygrams explaining why. Now I watch NO professional sports at all.Screw them.