Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Career Move

 On Monday, we talked about a Pineville police officer who reportedly had been ambushed.  Details were sketchy at the time, but I had no idea how sketchy they would become.

It turns our, he shot himself..

PPD says the officer, identified as John Goulart Jr., shot himself, concealed his weapon, and altered the facts. Goulart Jr. has been charged with one count of criminal mischief and one count of malfeasance in office. He has been booked into the Rapides Parish Detention Center and his bond will be set by a Rapides Parish District Judge. He has also been placed on administrative leave.

Yeah, I bet he's on admin leave, only until the local disciplinary board meets.  Then, he'll make a career move.  With all the hurricane damage, I hear that there are job openings in  as a roof apprentice, or a drywall installer,  It's good, honest work. 

3 comments:

DaveS said...

Hmmm. Good, HONEST, work seems like it might be a stretch for this particular officer. Too bad, but I'm glad to hear that they got to the bottom of the issue quickly and have identified the miscreant.

Jonathan H said...

That is sad to hear... and unfortunately this isn't the first time this has happened. I wonder what drives an officer to do this?

Termite said...

"I'll take, 'Was bored and started practicing quick-draw, shot my leg' for $1000, Alex."