Thursday, September 03, 2020

Tired

 Lets's face it, I'm out of shape.  And old man said to me a decade ago, "I can still do a full days work, it just takes me most of the week."

When I was younger ad had my hobby farm way out in the country, I could work all day.  Hard, physical labor, I'd get started about 7:00 a.m. and wok til about 5:00 pm, and I'd be tired, ready for supper, a beer and a bath.  

After Laura quit blowing, I started cleaning up, repairing stuff, and I've continued through till today.  But, I"d quit about noon, totally worn out.   I did the same today  I finished up the major hurricane project at about noon toady, rebuilding a privacy fence that Laura destroyed.  Now Belle can sit outside with her housecoat, her slippers and her coffee without having to wave at the neighbors.

This week I've used a post-hoe digger, a chain saw, and most of my carpentry skills.  I'm not complaining, it feels good to be tired from honest work.  But, like that old man from a decade ago, I can still do a full day's work, it just takes me most of the week.

4 comments:

robert orians said...

I used to wake up shooting sparks out my back end and now I wake up tired . What happened ? The old tent is wearing out . The good news ? We get a new tent Pawpaw !

Eaton Rapids Joe said...

Even three hours is too long using a chain saw in the heat.

I can run a chain saw longer but I cannot run it safely.

Old NFO said...

Yep, we're NOT young anymore... sigh

Old Grafton said...

I hear and feel yr fatigue, Bro! Th older we get even dealing with the mundane is an ordeal! Haven't heard too much out of Mandeville and Ponchatoula yet; praying all is good/better there and elsewhere!Lord Bless and Keep you all!