Saturday, September 29, 2018

Saturday Update

Checking the news this morning, we find the usual political discourse on the Kavanaugh continuing drama.  All I can say for sure, is that a bunch of FBI agents have had their weekend disrupted purely for political purposes.    That is a damned shame.  While they're at it, they should look into who broached the confidentiality of Dr. Ford.

I've been reading Article II, just to refresh my memory, and I can't ind anywhere that the Constitution requires that a justice to the Supreme Court be a federal judge, or even an attorney.  That being the case, should the Kavanaugh nomination fail, I would recommend to the President that he nominate someone who will make the Democrats howl.  Perhaps, for example, a Jesuit priest who is also a lawyer.  I know that the local diocese has priest/lawyers who advise the diocese.

Assuming that we keep the Senate after the midterms, it might be a good time to make the Democrats howl.  Nominate someone who is more conservative than Kavanaugh, more conservative than Scalia.

All this aside, I'm hosting a club shoot in a couple of hours, so it's probably time to go turn the range on and let the AC units cool it down.  Y'all have a great weekend.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Enjoy the shooting and the zen time! :-)