Wednesday, September 05, 2018

Finished POST Training

This year, the Louisiana Council on Law Enforcement (LCLE) mandated that every certified officer in the state of Louisiana complete online courses on Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault.  Four (4) units of sexual assault, and five (5) units on domestic violence.  These are mandatory in Louisiana to maintain POST (Peace Officers Standard Training) certification this year.

Over the past three days, I completed them all.    It was a good review, even if it had a certain amount of academics thrown in.  Academic thought is useful to practitioners, ad this was geared to street cops.

In the mid-90s I ran a sex offender unit for the state Division of Probation and Parole.  I was responsible for all the sex offenders in a five parish area of northwest Louisiana.  This training, while useful, brought back a lot of old, sad memories that I really wish I could forget.  During the last session this evening, I mixed a stiff drink.  Now, it's done and I'm once again fully POST certified, even if I feel just a bit soiled.  Dirty, as it were.

Now, to bed.  Tomorrow morning I"ll pull on my boots and do it all again.

No comments: