Wednesday, September 05, 2018

Aw, C'mon, Levi

Levi Strauss, that is.  The giant of the denim industry, (and who's pants have covered my butt for many decades) has teamed up with Bloomberg, seeking "sensible" gun initiatives.
American denim giant Levi Strauss & Co. announced Tuesday that it is launching a series of new initiatives to benefit groups working to prevent gun violence.
I wonder how that is going to play out for them? I know how it plays out for me.
 Levi Strauss’s CEO and President Chip Bergh wrote in Fortune on Tuesday that the company “simply cannot stand by silently when it comes to issues that threaten the very fabric of the communities where we live and work.”
Belle and I were looking at my wardrobe the other day, and she mentioned that it was time for me to get a couple of pair of new jeans.    I'm tough on jeans, and I'm losing a little weight, and it's time to pick up several new pair. 

It wasn't so long ago that Levi Strauss supported the Second Amendment, even going so far as to include a gun in its advertisements.



I guess I'll be wearing Wrangler jeans from now on.

7 comments:

Eaton Rapids Joe said...

Congratulations on losing weight!

Agree about voting with our feet and our wallets.

Judy said...

Wrangler Jeans - You will like the fit better and I think they wear longer.
Thumbs up on the weight loss.

Jonathan H said...

I have never worn Levi's - to me, they aren't worth the cost.

Dave said...

Carhart.

RJ said...

I thought I recalled Levis bailing on the Boy Scouts back in the '90s over not allowing homosexuals to be scouts or scoutmasters. And got themselves into other leftist causes de jour.

I have not been purchasing their products since then. Of course now the Scouts are effectively no more so I guess Levis came out on top...

freddyboomboom said...

I like the Duluth Trading "ballroom jeans". Since you're looking at alternatives.

They don't seem to have a store in Louisiana, but they have a generous return policy.

Anonymous said...

Made in the U.S. www.texasjeans.com