Friday, September 07, 2018

At The Auction

Belle heard that the local auction had a couple of trombones on the block, so we went to look.  With two grandsons who play the 'bone, it seems like a good idea to puck up a horn when the price is right.  We scored both of them tonight, a King 606 and a Conn Artist, for $120.00 cash.  Even for used trombones on Ebay, I think we did really well.

We brought them home to Zach, and he seems pleased.  He's playing the King right ow and likes the slide action very much.  It sounds like a good horn.

We also picked up some old cast iron cookware for the shop.  A large Dutch oven and two 12" skillets.  About $70.00 fr the cast iron, and I think that we did pretty good.  Old cast iron is a joy to work with, even if I have to re-season it.    When I opened the lid on the old Dutch oven, I smelled old oil, which is a good sign.   I've been cooking in cast iron for 50 years and I still don't own enough of it.

We're home now, enjoying a toddy, and it won't be long before we're in bed.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Oh, that is a STEAL on the cast iron!!! :-)

Peripatetic Engineer said...

With trombones, it's all about the smoothness of the slide. Kings are very good 'bones.