Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Hot

Shortly after coffee this morning, I fired up the lawnmower and got started on my unruly lawn.  Just about the time I was through with the push mower, cutting ditches and doing trim work, a buddy came over to talk about reloading, and to look at my new press.  I knew that it was hot outside, but once the push-mowing is done, all that's left is sitting on a riding mower and steering for a couple of hours while Briggs and Stratton does all the work.  After the mowing was finished, I came inside and looked at the thermometer. 

I don't doubt that it feels like 100 degrees out there.  It's hotter than a whatchacallit.  I'm glad I'm through mowing, but I have some errands to run.  Thankfully, the vehicle has air conditioning.

Today is my first day off for the summer break.  The one good thing about working in the schools is that we get a nice break in the summer time.  The dawg is a mite confused about me being home in the middle of the day, but he'll get used to it.

No comments: