Friday, June 07, 2013

Friday Nothing

I got up and did my PT this morning, then went to work at the Courthouse.  I owe the Sheriff a couple of days, so I've been working that off as Courthouse Security, manning a metal detector that the public uses.  No, I haven't found anything to give me pause or to reckon that The People coming in to the Courthouse are a threat.  It's post 9/11 nonsense and it's the New Normal.

Still, it's good to greet the general public and I try to make the job entertaining without hampering the flow of folks conducting business.  I've run into a lot of old friends and it's great to be able to serve The People in a way that I haven't been able to serve.

I'll be checking the Friday Afternoon news dump and if I see anything interesting, I'll comment on it.

1 comment:

Gerry N. said...

A friend of mine works in the King Co. Courthouse in downtown Seattle. He told me an interesting story that never made the news.

A short while ago it was discovered that one of the scanners where hundreds of people are checked going in had been non functional for from two weeks to a month.

Strangely, no one tried to blow the building up or shoot anyone.