Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Incumbents

Hot Air is touting a poll that claims that Republican voters aren't likely to vote for an incumbent who votes yes on a path to citizenship.  Okay.  We already have a path to citizenship.  Illegal immigration ain't part of it.

But, it begs the question:  What would it take for me to vote for an incumbent?  That's a fairly stiff question.  I don't generally vote for incumbents.  I stand with Mark Twain, who said:
“Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason.”
That tends to mitigate against incumbency.  Especially in Congress, where I again defer to Twain.
There is no distinctly American criminal class - except Congress.
And that's all we need to know about that.

1 comment:

Brig said...

Not that it matters, but I agree with both you & Mark.