Tuesday, November 06, 2012

When Obama Loses

I'm trying to be optimistic here, but I've hijacked the title of a post over at Instapundit.  If Obama Loses ... We're all a Bunch of Racists. Elizabeth Price Foley also links to an article by David Feith, detailing why we'll all be racists if Obama loses.
If President Obama loses re-election, it won't be because of the weak economy, the unpopularity of ObamaCare, the fallout from Benghazi or any other policy-related matter. At least that isn't how many Obama supporters on the left are likely to explain it. Instead, we'll hear that he went down to defeat at the hands of America the Pathological—a country where bigotry, corruption and political dysfunction reign.
As you're reading this, I'm in my deer stand, clinging to my gun and my religion. Drinking coffee and thinking about the millions of Americans who will vote today, exercising their God-given right to choose their leaders. It's what Americans do, and I admonish everyone to vote today.  Exercise that right, stand up and be heard. But, don't worry about racism.  That has nothing to do with it.  There is no real racism in America anymore.  We elected a black man as President, and now we're trying to unelect him for all the right reasons.  His economic debacle, his bowing to foreign leaders, his unpopular Health Care act, his deplorable reactions to the Benghazi tragedy.  Racism has nothing to do with it.  The fact that he's a poor leader is all the reason we need.

Racism is hurled as an invective and has been so watered down that it no longer has any sting.  I'm personally not afraid of the adjective anymore.  It matters not, and it is almost like Godwin's Law in political discourse.  Whoever hurls the charge of racism has automatically lost the debate.

Hopefully, a nice whitetail deer will show up and I can exercise another of my rights today.  Then, after the work is done I'll go home, watch the returns, and go to bed blissfully aware that I've voted, hunted, gathered meat, and elected Mitt Romney for President.  And, I won't be concerned about charges of racism at all.  If that's the only argument you've got, you've already lost the debate.

2 comments:

Dave O. said...

Going to exercise my right to vote in just a minute. Good luck with that deer!

Anonymous said...

Some of us sit ON deerstans, not IN them.

That's not a deer stand you got there, D. It a treehouse.....LOL