Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Patriotic Chore

My brother-in-law called me about 8:00 this morning.  He had a deer down, a little nubbin buck and wanted help getting it out of the woods.  I motored over to his stand, helped him get the deer out of the woods, then we went exploring for a little while, moving down logging trails that the loggers recently cut through our woods.  Took the deer to the processor, then he went home while I climbed back on the stand.  I sat there till noon and loaded the Mule.  After unloading the gear at home, I went immediately to my friendly local polling place.

Got to the polls and stood in line.  Not a long line, but still a line.  I vote at a very rural polling place, in a Baptist church.  The poll worker told me that we've got about 1400 voters assigned to our precinct and that the voting has been steady all day long.  People are coming in an out, the vote is clicking along.  It's a well run precinct in a rural area.  I'm sure that folks will continue to show up at the polls until they close at 8:00 pm, local time.

Louisiana is not a battleground state and Mitt Romney is expected to win handily.  However, we did have a Congressional race, some state constitutional amendments, and three local option taxes to decide.  I once again took the opportunity to vote against my idiot congressman, Rodney Alexander.  I don't remember who I voted for, but it wasn't Rodney.  The man doesn't have enough sense to pour piss out of a boot with the instructions printed on the heel.  Yet, we continue to elect him to Congress, a living testimonial to patronage politics.

I have now exercised my voting rights and will consider a nap.

No comments: