Sunday, October 28, 2012

Sunday Morning Dawg

I know that I missed last Sunday's Dawg posting, so today you get a two-fer.  You've all heard me speak of Guillory's Fine Meats, and one of the things I almost unfailingly get is a sack of cracklins.  Hard little fried pork skins that Southerners so affectionately love.  Recently, I stopped by Guillory's to buy some roasts for Italian Beef, and sure enough, I bought a sack of cracklins.

Here, the dog is begging Milady for a treat.

Milady successfully resisted, but not for long.  In just a few more seconds the dog had snagged a cracklin and was chewing for all he was worth.

Cracklins on an autumn afternoon.  Ain't nothing like it.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Oh man, now you've got ME wanting cracklins... fat chance of that up here... sigh

MSgt B said...

Where's his face?

Good Lord. Get that dog a haircut.