Thursday, October 18, 2012

Miracle

Jerome Scott, my friend from the earlier posting, has made it thus far, and the doctors are heartened at his progress.  They expected him to sleep from two to four days, to be "out of it", but today he's off the ventilator, is awake and alert, and receiving visitors.  The doc told his wife that of those patients with that much damage that even make it to the operating room, 90% die on the table.  Jerome is of course, doing lots better than can be expected.  I just came from the hospital where I talked to Jerome's dad, hugged Jerome's wife, and visited with Jerome's Paw-in-law.  The docs expect to move him to a ward hopefully tomorrow, where he'll stay for 7-10 days.  If I know Jerome, it'll be less than a week.  Then, he'll go back to aggravating his wife and everyone around him.

I'd like to thank everyone for the prayers.  I know that lots of folks were praying for him from several churches, from desks and jobs, and pickup trucks all over this nation.  Jerome's doing well, thank God, and I'd like to pass along my thanks to all of you who thought of him and lifted up prayers today.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Moments like his remind us He listens, He loves us and He really does answer prayers. Glad to know your friend is doing better.
Riley

Matt said...

Thank the Lord, literally. I am so glad to hear he is doing better. He will continue to be in our prayers.

Old NFO said...

Thoughts and prayers will continue Paw. And yes, thank God!

Gerry Nygaard said...

Praying is cost free, not heavy, and works. It also makes the one doing the praying feel better. Good stuff, prayer.

And yes again, Thank God. I have daily chats with Him, and will ask again for continued blessing and help for Jerome.

Gerry Nygaard

Rivrdog said...

Ditto all, and isn't this worth just a teeny-tiny Hallelujah?

With those "medical" odds stacked against you, you don't make it without some Help, and your friend got some. He's passed his test, so how about OUR test?

Rivrdog said...

" Then, he'll go back to aggravating his wife and everyone around him."

No, he won't, because it will never be taken as "aggravation" again.

Jerome is Blessed, and everyone around him should know that.

Anonymous said...

Oh my heavens, in 22 years, I have NEVER seen a patient with a ruptured aorta survive!! This just cements what I had thought all along: Jerome's kindness touches many, many people and God is not ready to let Jerome off the hook. Many prayers going upward for his continued recovery. Frannie

Anonymous said...

PawPaw please continue to keep us update on his progress. Know that Mary and I have him and his family in our prayers. Be Safe.