Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Deer Stand

You know the drill.  You prepare, get ready, scout the woods, try to determine where the deer will be.  Then you set up your stand and wait for opening morning.  Then, when you walk to your stand, you realize that....  Well, I'll let him tell you about it.


I did all my prep-work . . .
I scouted the area all summer. . .
I searched out the best location for my tree-stand . . ...
I set it all up a month ahead of time . . .
I trailed the herd . . .
I picked out a trophy buck .. ..
Two days before opening day I rechecked every aspect of the hunt . ..
Everything was in place . . ..
Sunday morning, I woke up at 2 am . .. .
I put on my camo, loaded my pack, set out for my stand . . .
This was destined to be an epic hunt . . ..
As I approached my deer stand . . 

 Some days it just don't pay to get out of bed.

5 comments:

Old NFO said...

Oh damn... and of course it's NOT bear season... :-)

Gaffer said...

Did the bear get his deer on openiong day?

zdogk9 said...

If you asked real nice I bet he'd share the stand with you.

Rivrdog said...

44 mag/310-gr hard cast RNFP, 13 gr Unique. You know the rest.

King Condor said...

Q. What do bears call Cyclists? A. Meals on wheels