Saturday, August 25, 2012

Well, Hell

Piddling around by the pool this morning I walked over to check my salt sanitizing system.  No lights on the little unit, so I checked the fuse, reset everything, then turned it back on.  No dice.  I took it apart, per the instructions and gave it a chemical cleaning.  Put it all back together.  Turned it on.  Nada, nothing.

Came inside and looked at the blog.  Blogs are good for lots of things, including such information as when I've done something, like installing a pool.  Turns out, we installed it in the spring of 2007.  I use an Intellichlor system, and a review of the literature tells me that it's warranted for five years.  Damn!  Out of warranty.  From the limited troubleshooting I'm able to do, it looks as if the system has gone belly-up.  Died.  Defunct.  Pining for the fjords.

Well, hell.  I'm not going to worry about that this afternoon.  I know how to run a pool without a salt system. Time to start saving my pennies for a new chlorine generator.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

That sucks... Almost like it 'knew' the warranty was out...

Bob@thenest said...

And here I sit using the old system of keeping receipts andmanuals. :-)