Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Wednesday shooting

I went out this afternoon to piddle with my new scope, to try to get it dialed in.  Temps in the mid 90s under bright sunshine, and I fired about 30 rounds, playing with the rifle.  This scope will let you see mirage and I watched it for a most of the afternoon.

It was plainly hot out there today and I had to wait five minutes between shots or the barrel would get too hot to touch.  I'm still feeling good about the new scope, although I should have brought a chronograph to test my handloads.  I haven't done that yet, and I'm not sure how fast they're going.  I've got the scope tweaked to the target at 100 yards and I didn't have any trouble ringing the 300 yard gong.  It was a great day to be on the range.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Nice, and yeah, you CAN read the wind through a good scope!