Friday, August 03, 2012

Chick-Fil-A

I'm given to understand that some LGBT groups are planning a kiss-in at Chick-Fil-A restaurants around the nation.  Good for them, but for the life of me, at 5:08 pm CDT, I'm having trouble finding out how it went.  No news is good news, I guess, but I hope that the protest went well and that the participants ate a yummy chicken sammich.  Chicken is good for you, as is the love from your partner.   Still, I am gladly heartened by the response from the company, which as I understand it, went something like this. 
As for Friday's protests, the company says it's ready: "We understand from news reports that Friday may present yet another opportunity for us to serve with genuine hospitality, superior service and great food."
Good for Chick-Fil-A.

In other news, this asshole posts a video wherein he berates a Chick-Fil-A employee.  Turns out, the asshole is a Chief Financial Officer in a big corporation, who promptly fires him. 
TUCSON, AZ--(Marketwire - Aug 2, 2012) - The following is a statement from Vante: Vante regrets the unfortunate events that transpired yesterday in Tucson between our former CFO/Treasurer Adam Smith and an employee at Chick-fil-A. Effective immediately, Mr. Smith is no longer an employee of our company.
I bet that Mr. Smith regrets his little tirade at the drive-through. Hooray for Vante. That's a company I can get behind.

But seriously, it looks like the Lamestream Media have blacked out the Chick-Fil-A story, and I can't find anything on how the Kiss-In went.   I hope that the protesters walked into the store, shared a nice kiss, then bought a #1 Combo.  But, from reading Drudge, it's hard to tell.

4 comments:

Old NFO said...

Yeah, much ado about nothing... again... to keep us occupied...

Anonymous said...

Not occupied so much as distracted.

Andy Ford

Rivrdog said...

I was at the range...didn't hear or care. Cleaning guns now, givarip meter shows nothing...

Melissa said...

I actually went to Chick Fil A to get the boy some ice cream as a bribe after getting blood drawn. Didn't know or care that there might be "protesters." It was busy at 1pm but I thought it was just the regular lunch crowd. Chick Fil A has good food, nice ambiance for a fast food joint, and they treat the kids well. I'll be back because it's a good business- not because I care about their value structure.