Thursday, August 02, 2012

Free Speech

After yesterday's Appreciation Day at Chick-fil-A, where the business made record sales from folks coming to buy a chicken sandwich, I see that the gay community is also planning an Appreciation Day of their own.  They're going to go to the restaurant for some same-sex kissing.  Good for them.

Really.  I'm an affectionate type, and Milady and I have made a game of it.  I'll ask her, "Would you kiss me in the Wal-Mart parking lot?" 

"Sure", she says, and I get a peck.  We've been doing this for years.  Harmless fun.  Nothing wrong with getting a kiss from your partner, unless you're swapping slobber, and then I get to holler "Get a room!"  That's free speech, too.

I probably won't go by Chick-fil-A tomorrow, simply because it's on the other side of town, and I don't normally get over there.  The few times I have stopped in, the place has been clean, friendly and the sammiches are yummy.  On the other hand, if I'm on that side of town I might make a stop by and ask if they've seen any same-sex kissers.  That would be free speech, too.


Old NFO said...

LOL, good point Paw!

Dave O. said...

It may be free speech, too, but maybe it's time for the same-sex crowd to admit Chik-Fil-A won't be bullied, and that lots of people seem to support them. Just sayin'.