Thursday, August 02, 2012

Free Speech

After yesterday's Appreciation Day at Chick-fil-A, where the business made record sales from folks coming to buy a chicken sandwich, I see that the gay community is also planning an Appreciation Day of their own.  They're going to go to the restaurant for some same-sex kissing.  Good for them.

Really.  I'm an affectionate type, and Milady and I have made a game of it.  I'll ask her, "Would you kiss me in the Wal-Mart parking lot?" 

"Sure", she says, and I get a peck.  We've been doing this for years.  Harmless fun.  Nothing wrong with getting a kiss from your partner, unless you're swapping slobber, and then I get to holler "Get a room!"  That's free speech, too.

I probably won't go by Chick-fil-A tomorrow, simply because it's on the other side of town, and I don't normally get over there.  The few times I have stopped in, the place has been clean, friendly and the sammiches are yummy.  On the other hand, if I'm on that side of town I might make a stop by and ask if they've seen any same-sex kissers.  That would be free speech, too.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

LOL, good point Paw!

Dave O. said...

It may be free speech, too, but maybe it's time for the same-sex crowd to admit Chik-Fil-A won't be bullied, and that lots of people seem to support them. Just sayin'.