- What was the first song you ever bought?
- What song always gets you dancing?
- What song takes you back to your childhood?
- What is your perfect love song?
- What song would you want at your funeral?
- Time for an encore. One last song that makes you, you.
2. Dancing? Oh, La Dance de Mardi Gras. It's a classic cajun song, and if you don't feel like dancing to this one, you don't have a soul.
3. What takes me back to my childhood? Probably Mario Lanza. Dad loved Lanza and listened to him a lot. We had a big, built-in stereo turntable and when Dad was listening to music, probably Lanza, or Al Hirt would be on the record stack.
4. Perfect love song? That's easy. There was a song done in the '90s by Barbra Steisand and Vince Gill, If You Ever Leave Me. I played it at my wedding, when Milady agreed to hitch-up with me.
5. My funeral? I want it to be a celebration, a party. If they're going to be maudlin, then Vince Gill is as good as any. Go Rest High is a perennial favorite. However, if you want to celebrate, then go get Jimmy Buffett's Trip Around the Sun. That should pick them up.
6. One song? Ain't happening. As long as it isn't rap, or hip hop, I'm good.
Hat tip to Bayou Renaissance Man